Wednesday, September 6, 2017

The Ton's Fall 2017 Release - Day 3

Hi everyone!  It's day Day 3 of  The Ton's new Fall 2017 Release!  Every day for the rest of the week,  The Ton's design team and I will be showcasing a whole new line of fun products designed by Effie Cho. We'll end the week with a big  Blog Hop on Friday!  When you're done here today be sure to leave a comment down below then head on over to The Ton blog every day my friends, because of course there are daily prizes to be had!

https://www.thetonstamps.com/collections/new-arrivals-1



Details:
For The Ton's Fall 2017 Release, Effie has released 24 new stamp designs, coordinating dies and 6 new couture mixes! There are also three new gifts with purchases that you can obtain with this new release:

  • Spend $75 or more: Receive a free pack of our new Sugar Cookie Couture Mix
  • Spend $125 or more: Receive a 2x3 Christmas Mini Cluster Stamp (and Sugar Cookie Mix) 
  • Spend $200 or more: Receive a 3x4 Good Tidings Cluster Set (and a Christmas Mini Cluster Stamp and Sugar Cookie Mix).* 
*This promotion does not apply to prior purchases.
*The threshold amount is calculated before taxes and shipping.
*This promotion will continue until September 22 at 11:59pm EST or until supplies last.
*Limit one incentive package per order.
*No coupon code needed. 
*All incentive products will be added to qualified orders automatically (but will not be shown in your cart at checkout)
*There must be at least one new release stamp in your order to qualify for these GWPs. 
**Incentive products will not be available for purchase in our shop until October***



For most card makers Christmas comes early.  We like to start working on our cards in September or October so that we can take our time and put our best into each card we send out for the holidays.  One of the techniques I get the most compliments on from my friends and family is watercoloring.  What better images to water color than the beautiful florals from The Ton?  I was so happy to see that some gorgeous new Poinsettia stamps and dies are being added in this release.  I'm showcasing two of them today.


Cozy Poinsettia

https://www.thetonstamps.com/collections/new-arrivals-1


I started by heat embossing this beautiful spray of Cozy Poinsettias in gold on some 140 lb watercolor paper.  This poinsettia spray lines the top and bottom of a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" card perfectly.  I colored these flowers with my Zig Kuretake Real Brush watercolor markers and water.   The Ton's Modern Labels stamp and dies were used to house that finely scripted sentiment.

Stamps and dies:  Cozy Poinsettia, Modern Labels stamps and dies (The Ton).
Ink:  Hampton White Pigment Ink (The Ton), Zig Kuretake Real Brush Markers.
Paper:  watercolor 140 lb (Canson), solar white (Neenah).
Accessories:  gold embossing powder, dimensional tape.


I changed it up a little by doing some selective stamping by putting the "Merry" over the "Christmas".   The Modern Label is popped up with a little dimensional tape.




For my next card I used the stunning:

Poinsettia Close Up

https://www.thetonstamps.com/collections/new-arrivals-1
The Poinsettia Close Up is a 6x6" rubber cling background stamp.  The Ton has another close up floral stamp in their collection and I've seen so many amazing creations with it.  So, when I saw this poinsettia I was super excited.  I can just imagine what my mother will feel when she opens her Christmas card to reveal this beauty!

I embossed this card with silver embossing powder, then watercolored the purple with Ken Oliver Color Bursts in Orchid.  I've been watching Effie use Color Bursts for a while now so I thought I'd give them a try.  The color is so vibrant.  Did you know The Ton carries in them in their shop?  Give them a try, I think you'll love them!   For the smaller green areas I used a Zig Kuretake Real Brush Watercolor markers.

Stamps and dies:  Poinsettia Close Up Cling Background, Good Tidings Cluster, Holiday Word dies (The Ton).
Ink:  Hampton White Pigment ink (The Ton), Ken Oliver Colorbursts, Zig Kuretake Real Brush Markers.
Paper:  Silver Adhesive Foil Paper (The Ton), water color 140 lb (Canson), solar white 110 lb (Neenah), vellum cardstock.
Accessories:  Milky Way Couture Mix (The Ton), silver embossing powder, silver string.


For the silver embossed sentiment I used the:

Good Tidings Cluster
 
 

 The Good Tidings Cluster stamp set is one of the incentive "gifts with purchase" sets being offered with this release.  It won't actually go on sale in The Ton shop until October.   I embellished this card with the "merry" from The Ton's Holiday Word die set and some small sequins from this beautiful new mix:

Milky Way Couture Mix
https://www.thetonstamps.com/collections/new-arrivals-1


They really add some bling to this card!


 How to Win:
  • DAILY RELEASE GIVEAWAYS:   For each Release Day (1 through 4), The Ton is giving away a stamp set of choice from the new release! So there are four stamps up for grabs! To qualify, you must leave a comment on The Ton's Daily Release posts. Leave a comment on each Design Team member's blogs to increase your chances of winning. The comment period will close on Monday, September 11th at 11:59pm. Winners will be announced thereafter on The Ton’s blog.
  • BLOG HOP GIVEAWAYS (Friday, September 8):   Three new release stamps will be given away to random commenters from the hop participant blogs. To qualify, you must leave a comment on    The Ton Blog Hop post. The comment period will close on Monday, September 11th at 11:59pm. Winners will be announced thereafter on The Ton’s blog.

Check these out!
 For your convenience, here is a list of the designers that created more fun projects for Day 2.  Stop on by and check them out today!

The Ton
Mayline
Eunji
Vera
Laura Jane
Jenny
Tae Eun
Brenda
Lisa
Janette
Anna
Olga


Wait!
Just a reminder:  The Ton's September Challenge is now live! For this month, we have a fun Mood Board Challenge so head over there now for a chance to win a $50 spree to The Ton’s shop!***
https://thetonchallenge.wordpress.com/2017/09/01/september-challenge-917/
 ***Gift certificates only apply to The Ton stamps, dies, ink, gilding and embossing powder.


That's all for today, thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to come back for some more Christmas sneak peeks tomorrow!

34 comments:

  1. Love, love, love poinsettias and both your cards!! Gorgeous touches! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!!! Stunning cards!!! Colors are breathless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your design with the red poinsettias and the close up is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen some gorgeous cards in this hop but your purple Poinsettia Close Up is my favorite of all. I have to have this stamp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lindar! I agree, the Poinsettia Close Up stamp is awesome!

      Delete
  5. Both cards are gorgeous, another great stamp from Effie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful cards - these poinsettias are so pretty with the gold and silver embossing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely great cards !! The close up poinsettia is really awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! Your cards are absolutely stunning!! The first card is just wow! Beautiful embossed poinsettias. Love love love the color combo you have used in the Poinsettias close up. Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG these cards are gorgeous. I am in love with your fist poinsettia card - amazing design:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of your cards are gorgeous! I love the first card! The embossed poinsettias on the top and bottom of the card are so colorful and elegant! The embossed label in between looks fabulous with your design. The big purple poinsettia is also stunning! You did a beautiful job coloring on both cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful and elegant! The second card is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the classic poinsettias with the gold outline. Very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMGeeeeeee Lisa, I am blown away by your 2 cards, especially that second one - stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lisa, your double stamping with Cozy Poinsettias makes a wonderful frame for the sentiment. And love the silver foil paper and emboss with the purple.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lisa, you are so artistic and I am drawn to your style and color combinations. Your stunning use of these stamps have me excited to give my creative mind reign using the Ton Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The jumbo poinsettia is my favorite! I love the purple color!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These cards are lovely. Red and gold really poops but the purple one is also an eye catcher.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty with the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Elegant cards! The big poinsettia is amazing... fabulous coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both cards are beautiful. I especially love the purple one. The design is wonderful and the colors are so rich.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your cards are stunning! I love the first one, especially, for Christmas. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These cards are amazing!! The cluster stamps for the simple elegance is great!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! Your cards are both stunning. Now I need to have all those stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your awesome cards, the colours you picked are just fabulous together!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the classic red and gold! Stunning cards!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful cards. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  27. ABSOLUTELY STUNNING cards!
    Your poinsettias are FILLED with WOW and INKY AWESOMENESS!

    ReplyDelete
  28. That layout with the center frame is fabulously gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete