Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Unsinkable Release Blog Hop - Catherine Pooler Designs

Hello and welcome to our blog hop celebrating Catherine Pooler Design's fabulous new

Unsinkable Collection
(available now!)


I created 5  Unsinkable projects for you today that are guaranteed to splash some ocean vibes your way.  Get ready for some salt water, waves, sea shells,  bubbles, coral, fish, seaweed, seahorses, star fish, ship's wheels and some adorable little red crabs.

    Any time you want to pop over to the Catherine Pooler Store to get a closer look at these fun products, just click on any of my links and they'll take you there in a flash.

Also, be sure to leave a comment here on my blog for a chance to win a gift certificate for the Catherine Pooler Store. (details below).

Here we go...…..Anchor's Away!!!


For my first card I used some new stamps and dies from the:


I did a little soft ink blending with Catherine Pooler inks and some blending brushes for the background of this water themed card.  The stamping was super easy using a mix of blues for the waves and bright Samba red for the crabs. 




The rest of my cards here today feature a mix of products from both the


and the


How about a shaker card using that awesome Ship's Wheel die and Big Sur Sequin Mix.   I simply used one of Catherine Pooler's Circle Dies to cut out the center of this wheel to create a shaker element.  Did you know....Catherine Pooler's patterned papers are designed to coordinate perfectly with her ink colors?  This card is a great example of that. 
Accessories:  Circles Dies





It was a whole lot of fun filling up this little section of my card with stamped fish, seahorses, starfish and bubbles.   A little dimensional tape makes it look like they're floating!






I did some ink smushing and watercoloring using a mix of blue Catherine Pooler inks.  Starting with the lightest blue I just layered different shades until I achieve the desired ocean affect.  I stamped and colored right over the background using the darkest shade, Juniper Mist.

Accessories:  Circles Dies





Ship's Wheel with a little rope makes a great focal point for this nautical card.  A few shells stamped in two layers were added on top of a colorful Woodgrain background.




Well, I hope you had a great time hopping with me today.   It's time to shake off the sand and head on over to the next stop on the hop, the super talented  Ilina!

But before you leave...….


There's a $25 gift card up for grabs and the more you comment, the more chances you'll have to win.  Winners will be announced on Catherine's Blog on August12th.   Good Luck!!


Jen Carter
Lisa Harrolle <---you are here
Ilina Crouse  <---Go Here Next!
Daniel West



Have a great day!

52 comments:

  1. I love the colors in all of your cards. The wood grain background also really pulls the one together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ship's wheel for a shaker card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As usual, you've knocked it out of the park with your cards for the Unsinkable release! I always enjoy your work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors!! These cards are exquisite and wonderful demonstrations on how to use these products. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ALL of your cards are great, but that third card was fabulous! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the birthday card! It looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the "We all need some Vitamin Sea" card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The aquarium look of the round one is great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW WOW WOW, I am in love with each and every design you came up with. I seriously LOVE them!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg!! These are all fantastic!! Your 1st and 3rd were my favorites!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are great! So many wonderful ideas to try when I get my order.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing cards! Love the shaker card. Great release by CP.....
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing cards Lisa! They are all so inspirational. My fave is the last one and how you added the twine to the wheel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely amazing cards - I can't wait to try some of your ideas when my order arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lisa, I couldn't choose if I had to on these cards. They are all awesome. Looking forward to playing with these products.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Chickie - these are INCREDIBLE!!! I love them all, but that one with with circle wrinkle free water background - GORGEOUS. You knew I'd love that one, right?!!! Love them all. And the photo backdrop - well, you're putting us to shame....lol. MWAH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the rope tied around the ships wheel.
    The third card is great. Funtastic
    collection of cards. thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful cards. I love the colors and the styles are amazing. Great release.

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW - very nice. I'm having a hard time picking the one I like best. I like the use of the patterned paper and the Vitamin Sea image. But I adore the circle of sea you smooshed. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You always amaze me with your creations, Lisa. You did not disappoint me with these! They're awesome! I can't wait to play with this release! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are AWESOME! I love the shaker and the first one is just a great design!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your 1st card reminded me of a 3D sculpture of a seahorse I made in my high school art class. 💖

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, can't wait to see more of the new products and your creative ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow . . . talk about eye candy with all of these cards. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW....four card creations! You were on a creative wave! Loved all of your cards and color palettes!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Super cute cards and even your background for the pic with the sand is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  28. All of these are such awesome cards!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your cards are great. They are so creative. Thanks for sharing. Without people sharing there samples I would never be able to make cards. I am so bad at designing.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love all of your cards! So creative, and your blending is awesome! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Yes, We all need a little Vitamin Sea!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Each and every card is stunning, Lisa!! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautifully designed cards! Love the twine around the ship wheel; awesome texture.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Gorgeous cards!! Your designs are stunning. The layering of your images are beautiful. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh my, your cards are amazing. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  36. All amazing cards! Love the designs with so many sea creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Amazing cards Lisa! I want to CASE every single one! I'm still in awe everytime I see all of your stunning creations.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow! Lisa! I want to make cards like you when I grow up! I think I'm prompted to buy everything in the release thanks to all of your beauties here! You have an incredible eye for design and these all have the WOW factor!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow Lisa, all of your cards are wonderful. I especially like that last card, under the water.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Marisela Delgado said: Such pretty cards. mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. these are all wonderful. Love that little crab.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Fabulous cards! The first one caught my eye right away.... love the wave design and the ombre background! And the Samba red crabs really stand out on the card! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Fabulous cards, All your color combos are gorgeous!!! Amazing work, so much talent. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  44. Fabulous cards, Lisa! Thanks for the inspiration!
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  45. Your scenes are absolutely beautiful =)

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love all your cards! The color scheme is awesome.

    ReplyDelete