Monday, April 2, 2018

The Ton Spring 2018 Release - Day 1


Hello, and welcome to my blog and day one of The Ton's new Spring 2018 Release!

https://thetonstampsblog.com/2018/04/02/spring-2018-release-day-1

This week The Ton is releasing 14 new stamps and coordinating die sets and five brand new stand alone dies.  I'll be showing off some sneak peeks today and tomorrow and then join us for a MEGA BLOG HOP on Wednesday!  We have some amazing guest designers in the lineup for our blog hop and also some great giveaways so be sure to hop along with us on April 4th!  All new products will be available for purchase on April 3 and all release orders will begin to ship on April 9.


One of the things that The Ton is known for is their amazing florals designed by Effie Cho.  Today I wanted to give you a quick peek at a couple of the new sets because ummm..... hello, it's spring!!

Starting with the beautiful:

Large Florals: Heritage Rose

 Look at this beauty!  This large layered rose makes a HUGE statement on the front of an A2 size card.  A single rose can hold it's own or you can create a whole stamped background of soft colored roses, like I did here using the following inks from The Ton:  Ballet Slippers, Orchid Crush, Grand Fuchsia, Lofty Mint, Bright Emerald, Hot Tourmaline, Hampton White Pigment.



I just couldn't resist popping one up on this card with a little dimensional tape.


And why leave the inside of your card blank?  Make a bold statement by stamping a rose inside too!




Next,  I'd like to introduce you to the gorgeous new stamp set:

Large Dahlia 3

These Large Dahlias have gorgeous fine lined details that are easy to stamp and easy to color.  I used Kuretake watercolor markers to color these.


For both my cards today I made little sentiment strips using The Ton's new Beautiful Bettas stamp set.


Using a couple of The Ton's other dies;  Geometric Circles Coverplate and the Bold General Greeting Wordplate Dies, I created a white, tone on tone background to adhere these cut out Large Dahlias.


Aren't these Dahlias fun? The color choices are limitless with Dahlias because they naturally come in so many vibrant colors.  Just google "Dahlias" and you'll see endless possibilities in color combinations!

Surprise!  Yes there are Daily Release giveaways:
For each Release Day (1 and 2), we are giving away a stamp set of choice from the new release! To qualify, you must leave a comment on our Daily Release posts – let us know which of our new stamps are your favorite for each day! Leave a comment on each Design Team member’s blogs to increase your chances of winning. The comment period for all giveaways closes on April 6, 5pm EST. Winners will be announced thereafter on The Ton’s blog. 

Here's a lineup of all the designers showcasing new cards today.  Stop by and leave them a comment  for your chance to win!!



Thanks so much for stopping by, have a great day!!
 





33 comments:

  1. WOW, these are two truly beautiful cards, love them both! Fantastic bold colours, and that background on the second card... FANTASTIC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg! I love how you continued the rose design on the card inside! My blog is all out designing your cards inside and out! I love the Beautiful Bettas set. So elegant and indicative of The Ton's unique couture style! I also like the toned squares stamp set... looks like a great background stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! I love the Large Dahlia - it's just amazing!
    And the BG you did is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your rose is beautiful, and I love the brilliant dahlias against the white background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your dahlias over that cool die cut!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to continue your theme to the inside of your card; I love how you did that on the first card. And the scene you created with the dies and the flowers is just so happy and spring-like - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dahlias on the backgrounds
    are fantastic. Love the colors.
    thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards, the rose background you made is stunning and the dahlias (my favorite set) are so pretty with the cover die cut background detail.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The large floral stamps really are lovely. I love the vibrant colours on the second card - large dahlia 3. However, my favourite for today is the bettas stamps set.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As always, these florals are incredibly gorgeous !!
    [margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

    ReplyDelete
  11. These cards are so beautiful!! Love the colors on the heritage roses!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Heritage Roses are absolutely gorgeous! I love how you stamped the inside of the card, as well! Really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful dahlia card. I love how you used the geometric coverplate as the backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow such lovely cards - great job:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVELY WORK!!!! I LOVE that you did the inside on your first card too! JUST A GORGEOUS CARD!!!! AND your second card is EQUALLY AS GORGEOUS!!! LOOOOVE the florals this release & that Circle Cover Plate! (I'm new to The Ton, so IF I got it wrong on the Circle Cover Plate, please forgive?) LOL TRULY STUNNING WORK!!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are beautiful. Loving the design on the second card. The first...well, that rose is gorgeous ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your cards but the second one is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The colors are wonderful on your beautiful creations! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful floral cards. Love the colors, silver and background.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful cards thank you for sharing
    Have a blessed day!
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful cards! So wonderfully bold and graphic.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! Beautiful cards!!! Fabulous colors!!!
    Pop-Up Peony Die set is my fav!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Two beautiful floral cards! Love your designs and color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Truly lovely cards - my favorite is the Dahlia Birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful cards, I am in love with the dahlia card, gorgeous colors.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful cards. That Heritage Rose card is my favorite because the flowers pop right off the card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful cards and I love the dahlias with the cover plate dies. So pretty with an added texture in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Both cards are stunning. I love the stamping on the inside of the rose card and the vibrant dahlias are so pretty. The dahlia stamp is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful creations! I'm in love with all those gorgeous Dahlias!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous cards! Fantastic designs!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous card and excellent choice of colors. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete