Hi everyone and welcome to the Foundations Box Blog Hop day 2, featuring a brand new box of goodies from Catherine Pooler Designs.
We knew it was coming.....she's been teasing us for weeks.....haha! If you've been following Catherine's postings over at StampNation, her blog or on Facebook you have already had a sneak peek into the Foundations Box that she will be releasing tomorrow, November 16th at the Catherine Pooler Designs online store.
The main idea of this box is to provide you with all of the supplies you will need to make a variety of cards including:
3 stamp sets
5 ink pads
1 clear round block
A 30 count pack of smooth bright white cardstock
(scored for A2 size cards)
(scored for A2 size cards)
From your mailbox, to your craft table you will be able to sit down and instantly start making cards. I was lucky enough to receive one of these boxes a couple weeks ago so I put it to the test! Here's what I came up with exclusively using the supplies from the Foundations box:
The first thing that caught my eye was this fabulous Fiesta Blue dye ink. Wow! Where has this color been all my life? LOL! I grabbed a pre-scored white card base from the package and went direct to paper with this Fiesta Blue, lightly swiping it from one end to the other to achieve a faux woodgrain look. Then using Midnight black, I moved on to see how these inks fared up to second generation stamping. Using that fabulous round clear block I just started stamping some foliage images from the Amazing Floral stamp set. This stamp set also has an array of words that you can mix and match to make your own sentiment phrase. A-mazing!
Wait! I'm not done with that Fiesta Blue yet. Let's see how it blends. For my next card I grabbed some paper and scissors to make an arched stencil/mask. Then I lightly blended my Fiesta Blue to make snowy hills and blue sky. I stamped these trees and sentiment from the For Everything Stamp set using Grass Skirt green and Orange Twist ink for the stars. If you stamp second generation the orange turns to a beautiful gold. Stretch those colors!! The end result was this fun one layer Christmas card.
As long as I have my scissors out....let's cut out some little cups from the For Everything Stamp set. Aren't they adorable? I used all five colors of ink on this card and a Copic brown marker for the coffee. Two colors I'd like to give an A++ to: Midnight, (look how crisp that black is plus it's Copic and watercolor friendly) and Rockin' Red, WOW!! The solid red strip along the bottom of this card was a direct to paper technique. Amazing, solid color just swiping the Rockin' Red ink pad across paper a few times. Fantastic coverage!
For more information on this Foundations Box, head on over to Catherine Pooler's blog. She has some fantastic videos demonstrating everything. She has also announced the winner of yesterday's blog hop. If you want to see more of these products in action just keep on hopping along with our designers listed below. Up next is my good friend Deepti Stephens.
But wait!!!.......Before you go, leave a comment below for another chance to WIN this whole Foundations Box of awesomeness! Tell us what product in this box excites you the most. Be sure to leave a comment at each stop on the blog today because each comment is a chance to WIN! Good luck!!
But wait!!!.......Before you go, leave a comment below for another chance to WIN this whole Foundations Box of awesomeness! Tell us what product in this box excites you the most. Be sure to leave a comment at each stop on the blog today because each comment is a chance to WIN! Good luck!!
Lisa Harrolle <---you are here

No comments:
Post a Comment